Welcome to ManagersClub, where you can learn from the world’s most successful and diverse engineering leaders and managers, as well as find curated management resources to help and inspire you to be a great engineering leader.
In-depth conversations about engineering management with lessons and tips to make you a better leader and improve your career.
Learn the secrets to achieving product-market fit from renowned coach Vidya Dinamani, Product Rebels Founder & author of Ground Work, in this exclusive interview with Vidal.
Vidya shares invaluable insights on discovering your market needs, validating customers, and creating a winning MVP. You'll get actionable tips on:
* Defining your target customer and their underserved needs (09:53)
* Prioritizing qualitative research to truly understand your users (29:51)
* Avoiding common product manager mistakes like focusing on the wrong metrics (46:23)
* Using grassroots tactics to iteratively build what users want (43:28)
* Recognizing when you've achieved product-market fit (50:33)
This conversation is packed with practical advice for aspiring entrepreneurs and product leaders. Vidya busts myths about product management and outlines strategies to connect with customers and build products people want. If you want to improve your product management skills, this video is for you!
Don't miss the key recommendations and homework challenge at the end to start honing your PM skills today!
– Introduction and discussion on the concept of product-market fit (01:06)
– The role of a product manager and its importance (09:53)
– Challenges faced by companies without a product manager and how to overcome them (15:01)
– The need for customer-centricity and the power of customer observation (21:21)
– The importance of qualitative research versus surveys (29:51)
– The myth of product managers being project managers (34:18)
– How to prioritize time as an entrepreneur or engineering manager to achieve product-market fit (39:57)
– Grassroots strategies, guerrilla tactics, and hacks for success (43:28)
– The most common mistakes in product market fit and how to address them (46:23)
– Signs and indicators that you are on the right path to product-market fit (50:33)
– The effectiveness of MVPs and tips for creating them (53:48)
– Developing the skill of coming up with insights and breakthrough ideas (57:24)
– Recommended resources for further learning (1:03:19)
– Homework challenge for aspiring entrepreneurs and engineering leaders (1:07:00)
Vidya's LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vdinamani/
Product Rebels: https://productrebels.com/
📚 Her book ”Groundwork: Get Better at Making Better Products” (highly recommended, 5 stars): https://amzn.to/3PC8AE1
ABOUT ME: I am an author, podcaster, and engineering leader dedicated to inspiring technical managers everywhere.
📚 MY BOOKS:
⭐️ The Software Engineering Manager Interview Guide https://amzn.to/3VIzg8L
⭐️ New! Behavioral Interview Blueprint: A Proven Guide to Ace Your Next Job Interview https://amzn.to/43vuXAn
⭐️ Effective One-on-Ones: A Handbook for Managers: Mastering Productive and Meaningful Meetings for Managerial Success https://amzn.to/3Bwi6So
⭐️ Time Management Tips for Engineering Managers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HM6LSCL
⭐️ How to Write an Engineering Manager Resume, https://vidalgraupera.gumroad.com/l/esbgw
🗣️ Join Managers Club: A Collaborative Discord Community for Engineering Leaders !! https://discord.gg/BdtEbRYxw4
🔗 CONNECT WITH ME:
⭐️ My website: https://www.managersclub.com
⭐️ LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vidalgraupera
⭐️ Twitter: https://twitter.com/vgraupera
⭐️ ManagersClub LinkedIn Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13846374/
⭐️ TikTok: https://tiktok.com/@managersclub
#management #leadership #productmanagement #productmanager
Support this podcast: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/managersclub/support
There are a number of great books on hiring out there for managers. Here are a few of our favorites….