Selected books on influence and persuasion. Key tools in a managers arsenal.
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion The classic book on persuasion which explains the psychology of why people say “yes”—and how to apply these understandings.
- Pre-Suasion: A Revolutionary Way to Influence and Persuade Examines the art of effective persuasion to argue that its secret lies in a key moment before messages are delivered, sharing strategies for how to psychologically prepare one’s listeners to render them most receptive.
- Swayed: How to Communicate for Impact A must read for anyone serious about the positive power of persuasion, from a leading behavioral change expert.
- How to Win Friends & Influence People For more than sixty years the rock-solid, time-tested advice in this book by Dale Carnegie has carried thousands of now famous people up the ladder of success in their business and personal lives.
- Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It A former international hostage negotiator for the FBI offers a new, field-tested approach to high-stakes negotiations—whether in the boardroom or at home.
- Win Bigly: Persuasion in a World Where Facts Don’t Matter From the creator of Dilbert, an unflinching look at the strategies Donald Trump used to persuade voters to elect the most unconventional candidate in the history of the presidency, and how anyone can learn his methods for succeeding against long odds.